Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013

Good Morning Fellow Americans!

It has been another glorious week here in Jersey, filled with miracles from the Lord!  It has been awesome to be a part of the Lord's work in the day in age when he is hastening his work!  Elder Thatcher and I saw some beautiful miracles last week.  My favorite one was while we were walking around, I was prompted to stop this kid on his BMX bike, and talk to him.  It was awesome because he was on a BMX bike so we instantly had something in common to talk about.  It was weird that I was prompted to talk to him because he had big 'ole gauges in his ears and a lip ring to match.  But I contacted him none the less, and he was super interested and invited us to come to his house on Friday.  On Friday we did splits with some of the youth from the Caldwell Branch so Elder Thatcher went to the appointment with his partner.  They shared a quick message with Jeremiah (the kid on the bike), then his step dad came outta no where and said, "Read the book (Book of Mormon) Jeremiah, it's a good book."  Well, it turns out that his step dad is a member that has been less active for a really long time.  We will be teaching them again on Friday.  It's super funny because after the first contact with Jeremiah, I told Elder Thatcher that he would make a really good member of the church.  It seemed like he already had the Spirit with him.  I know that the Lord is hastening his work. I know that it was only because I followed a prompting, that this miracle came about.
The past couple of weeks I have been studying love.  Man the study is blowing my mind.  I have learned so much about God's love for us.  But I have also learned that we need to have love for God.  In D&C 6:34-37 the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ is illustrated beuatifully.  I would encourage all of you to read this and ask God to allow you to feel his love.  When you do, I know that he will shower it upon you.  It is through the enabling power of Christ's love that we are able to do all things.  In Moroni 7:33 he says that, "if ye will have faith in me, Ye shall have power to do whatsoever is expedient in me."  Faith can be replaced with love.  I know this to be true with all of my heart.  If we will just love Christ, we will be empowered with the strength of all of the heavens.  Be strong guys!  Always remember that God comes first!

LOVE YOU!
Elder Rodeback
                                                                       
                                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment