Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013

What's good guys?

It's been a crazy week here in the Jerz.  I'll be stayin' up here in Brick City.  This place is pretty boss if I do say so myself.  Even if the streets are just littered with trash and dog poop.  You ain't seen dog poop til you have walked the streets of North Newark.  We had a boss week which ended with Quilvania getting confirmed.  She was even asked to give a talk and I'll tell you what, she nailed it like a champ!  Elder Thatcher and I spent the transfer working through less actives and really trying to strengthen this area.  We have like three or four active members and a whole bunch of less actives.  We worked through that list and we did find a lot of people to teach.  Now it's time to start the smack down on finding new investigators!  It's gonna be kinda short and sweet today.  I did however just want to bear my testimony about the power of the atonement.  Quilvania, over the course of two months, changed her entire life!  I know that it was all accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit of God.  Again, I look at her and see the change and I realize that I had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I know that by the power of faith, miracles are brought about. I also know that the Gospel is meant to make bad men good, and good men better.  The Gospel is all about change and that is something I have learned while serving a mission.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is meant to help us become more like Christ.  How do we do that?  We change the bad and absorb the good.  The Gospel helps us change our nature, to the nature of God.  Have faith in all things and the Lord will do the rest!

Peace out guys!
Elder Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment