Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Wass up guys?  Just when you think you got rid of me, I come back with another one of these things!  Haha!

It has been a crazy week out here in the dirty Jerz!  Full of outpourings of the Spirit!  We kicked off, what we are calling, Consecration Month, by writing up our contracts for President Jeppson, and it was awesome!  At the beginning of my mission I can honestly say that I would have been a little annoyed with doing something like this, but it's crazy how the Lord changes us.  I can honestly say that I am a very different person now, than I was when I came out almost 10 months ago.  I have learned how important it is to truly give ourselves up to the Lord and do what He needs us to do, not what we WANT to do.  Real quick, before I get into my little sermon on the office chair, we will be meeting with Jeremiah tonight and I am stoked!  We also met with an investigator named Julio last night and it was the most humbling experience.  Little back story on him.  He LOVES to talk and he will talk your ear off.  So, we hadn't been able to share full lessons with him until last night.  He had been studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses .  Back to the story, we got over to his house and we sat down and he started talking to us and he told us this story on how the JWs went to his house and and he picked up the New World translation and handed it back to them and said, "no thanks."  They asked if he was studying something else and he said, "I have been studying the Book of Mormons (that's what he calls it) and I know they are the truth."  Keep in mind, we haven't even taught this man the restoration.  All we have done is given him a Book of Mormon!  The doctors say he will be blind in 3-5 months so he can't even read.  He said that he knows it is true because every time we go over there, he feels happy and at peace.  He then asked us what he can and can't do and if he can wear a cross or  is it against the rules or not.  He is a catholic and he has had a Mary statue up in his living room.  He asked if he had to take it down and we said, "yes."  He promised that he would.  He made all of these decisions before he had even been taught about the restoration.  We taught it to him last night.  The Spirit that filled that home was NOT because of Elder Thatcher and I, it was because this man was willing to give up all he had and come to Christ.  I know that the only way we can show our love to God is by giving up our will to him.  I know with all of my heart that it is only by obedience that 1) We can show our love, 2) We Feel His love.

I love you guys!
Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback LOVES graffiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment