Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, December 31, 2012

First Christmas in the Mission Field - 12/31/2012

Dashing through the sand,
With a bomb strapped to my back.
I have a nasty plan,
For Christmas in Iraq!!!

Hahahah!  Hope ya'll was diggin' the Achmed the Dead Terrorist reference there.  Well I have to say, this was probably one of the craziest holidays EVER!  And believe me, in the Huff family there are some pretty ridiculous holidays!  To start off, our enjoyable Christmas started out at 6:30 am.  Elder Hafoka, Elder Galvez and I went outside and ran wind sprints for thirty minutes.  It was pretty cool!  Then we exchanged gifts.  Elder Hafoka gave me a boss tie AND and lava lava!  You better believe I wear the tar out of that thing.  We went to a district meeting for an hour and played sports for a couple of hours.  Then we went to missionary paradise….THE HANSEN'S!  They literally force feed you until the food has created an impenetrable wall at the back of your throat.  Then, once you think you are completely stuffed, they bring out dessert and they make you try everything!  Missionary life is hilarious!







Now for the miracle of the week.  We went and saw Brother Sinigaglia on Saturday.  We went inside and sat down and Elder Hafoka and I were just talking to him.  As we were talking, the spirit began to flood the room. It just got stronger and stronger.  We were discussing the Priesthood, because he will be receiving it soon, and he just understands everything.  As I look back and think, more and more I realize that I did absolutely nothing with this man.  That is when it hit me!  I am not here to do anything.  I am here to be a vessel for the Lord to work through.  That's the only reason we are here.  Now, I want to bring up the power of the Holy Ghost and the genuine and unique way that it works through missionaries.  I know that once we are baptized we qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost BUT, the key word is qualify.  It is only through obedience that we are able to use the gift.  At first I hated the feeling that I did absolutely nothing, but as I pondered it more and more, I realized how special that was.  The Spirit converted him, not me.  If I had converted him he would have been a horrible member.  The Spirit is what changes lives and truly converts people and brings them to Christ.  So, for all of the perspective missionaries who read this, remember to live worthy of the gift you have received or will be receiving soon.  Everything about your mission is based on your worthiness of the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Well, gotta get back to my redneck, Spanish Fark accent here.  So in the words of my Grandpa, "How high is up?  True or false?"

Hope everyone is now confused beyond belief cuz that was Grandpa's favorite love, confusin' people!  Love you guys!

Elder Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment