Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

Hey guys!  Once again, Elder Rodeback shooting out another short, badly written update! 
Well I hope everyone out west is LOVING THE SNOW!  I have absolutely none to love and I am slightly bummed.  We have been working crazy hard this past week but it has been a fun packed week.  Between taking 10 minute power naps in a WalMart parking lot, to changing from our service (Mormon Helping Hands) clothes  into proselytizing clothes behind a Kmart where we were hidden from everyone!  Funny story, it took us 30 minutes to start one load of laundry in the dryer today because we kept forgetting something.  Whether it was quarters or dryer sheets or even not having enough quarters.  We have way too much fun but somehow we still work hard.  I suppose that is what a mission should be.  Working hard, but because you love what you are doing so much, it is fun!
Again, with some serious stuff.  I want to talk about miracles and obedience.  First off, I want to talk about why in the world we have commandments.  The reality is, because Heavenly Father wanted to have a reason to bless us.  By doing what he asks us to do, we receive blessings, even miracles!  I have gained such a strong testimony of how obedience brings miracles to our lives and by simply doing what we are asked to do, we not only are happier, but we are often blessed with miracles.  The power of the atonement and its changing quality is amazing.  I look back and have come to realize how important it is to rely on Heavenly Father in everything we do.  The strength that we have, the talents and gifts that we are given, everything we have, He has given to us so that each of our lives can be different.  And because we are all different, the only person we can rely on is Heavenly Father.  He gives us weakness to that we can be humble and learn to become strong.  Just like the scripture in Ether tells us.  I love being here and I LOVE that I am changing into the person Heavenly Father wants and expects me to become.
I love you guys!
Elder Patrick Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment