Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013 - Hightstown, New Jersey!

People!  SUUUUUPPPPP?

Man, it has been a ridiculously crazy week!  I got transferred once again......still blows my mind!  I am now in Hightstown, serving in the Princeton Ward.  Man, I walked into church yesterday and was dumbfounded!  One, there was almost as many people in church as there was in the Utah wards, and two, it was JUST AS NOISY!  I was a little shocked in the beginning because I haven't been in a ward like this in over a year.  The people are AWESOME though and I am so excited to be able to serve in a super solid, family ward!!!!  My new companion is Elder Bell and I keep telling him that we are the goofiest companionship in the mission!  I am like 5'10" or 5'11" and Elder Bell is 6'9"!  He is almost a full foot taller than me!  It's hilarious.  WE have been working hard this week, living the dream of being missionaries.  Side note - his last companion was my BOY, ELDER HAFOKA!  HOLLA!  We will send pictures soon!
Last week I brought up a video that I had watched and we had the opportunity to use it while teaching a young man about the power of faith and prayer.  Needless to say, the Spirit flooded the room. Thanks again Sister Ricker, it was inspired!  It was amazing to be able to see that and not have a single doubt about God's Plan for ALL OF HIS CHILDREN.
I don't know how many of you have taken the challenge to use the prayer pattern, but each time I use it there is some bit of revelation that is given to me.  The Book of Mormon really does change lives.  It changes people, and the very nature of our souls.  AHHH I can't even describe the power that this Book, this Divinely written Book, contains.
Something that I have really been learning about is the importance of family.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly, but the thing that I did not take advantage of as much as I should have, was BEING family.  I learn and see everyday how much different peoples lives could be if they would simply do things as a family.  Even just reading the Book of Mormon and saying family prayer will drastically change everything.
You guys ROCK!  Thanks for all of the support!  I LOVE YOU!

Elder Rodeback


                                                                  Elder Gittins is going home!
                                                                                        Bubble guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment