Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

Guys SUP????????????????

There is nothing worse than getting Strep Throat......HATE IT!  There was a dumb rain storm last week and I didn't wear a coat cuz it was warm and now, here we are!  I worked through it as best I could but yesterday it slapped me in the face HARD!  We have been seeing some amazing stuff happen in our area the past month.  I know that it is all because of the hard work we are throwin' down.  We had some of the less active people we have been working with show up which was pretty awesome.  We have really been trying to get them there.  Now we just have one family that needs to quit being so lazy! hahaha!
This past week has just straight up been hotter than Hades!  The second I walk out the door I am DRENCHED!  It is just ridiculous!
The biggest lesson I have learned this week is how a love for God changes us as human beings.  President Boyd K. Packer taught "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior.  The study of the doctrines of the Gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."  Even though I have probably used this quote before, I continue to climb mountains and change my life with it.  A love for God brings a stronger desire to learn doctrine and learn the Gospel.  Just as that quote says, learning and using Gospel principles will change behavior faster than studying behavior.  A huge lesson that I have learned is that if we want to change our lives and feel God's presence more fully in our lives, study the Gospel.  Learn what God has done for you and then apply what you learn.  It is easy for us to change behavior, but pretty soon the old behavior comes back.  The only person that can truly change our nature is God and I know that comes by simply learning and applying Gospel principles.

Alright guys, peace out.....gotta run!

Love you guys,
Elder Rodeback











No comments:

Post a Comment