Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22, 2013

Friends!

What's up guys?  Hope it's nice and warm out on the west coast because I was SWEATING MY BRAINS OUT yesterday.  Not even kidding, I lost 5 pounds walking around yesterday.  Straight up disgusting!  So, first off, I have a shout out to some people.  First, Shout to my boy Chase Lindsley for completing your mission! My mom said your homecoming talk was amazing! I have two things to say, I hope you didn't get too trunky and, even though your mom has you home, as a missionary, I know that you would rather be out here!  Stay frosty!  Next shout out goes to my friend Taylor Jeffery for just bein' a supreme boss!
Now, for the fun stuff!  It has been an amazing week filled with scares and fun!  We taught Brother Echevarria about the temple and he is so excited to be baptized for his dad and his brother.  He is even going to do the paperwork for his Jehovah's Witness mother.  He is such a boss!  It has been amazing to be able to just work hard, even though the heat makes it really "wet" work!  By the way another props to my little brother Dylan who turns 15 in a couple of weeks!  HOLLA at ya boiiiii!  Man, Newark is really starting to wreck my vocabulary.
So, during district meeting yesterday, we watched a Mormon message called "Mountains to Climb".  I'll tell you what, that hit me hard.  I didn't realize until yesterday that I am a perfectionist and when I fail, I beat myself up way more than I should.  When I watched this video, I understood something very important.  Heavenly Father does not expect me or my life to be perfect, so why should I expect that?  I am finally gaining an understanding that my Heavenly Father loves me regardless of my sin, regardless of my mistakes.  His love is always there for me, even when I make a mistake.  All I have to do is pray and let him in.
Sorry guys, kinda short today.  Love you guys!  Talk to you next Tuesday (Memorial Day cuts out the emails).

Elder Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment