Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013 - Transferred to Scotch Plains!

People of the West!  Gather round and lend me your ears!

First off, I have to say, I don't understand why, but every email I got today made me cry!!!  (thanks mama)  I started reading the letter I got from her last week talking about Dyl Weed's Birthday.  It just sunk in that he is 15.  It just blows me away at how much has happened in the couple of months I have been out.  (Side note from mom.....IN 10 DAYS IT WILL BE A YEAR!)   Then I read Dad's email about my other Grandpa's Birthday and I remembered being there last year!  Then Mama emailed me AGAIN and talked about Dylan getting his Patriarchal Blessing and I was like WHAT??????  It's crazy!
Well, I am sure that Mom told everyone where I am.  Scotch Plains is pretty boss, I am not gonna lie.  North Newark will always be No. 1 though. :)  We had a baptism on Saturday which was pretty BOSS!  I had only taught her once, but there is just something about being part of a blessing.  ESPECIALLY when it is a part member family.  Her name is Sofia and she is 9 years old.  She was so excited that she only slept for 2 hours the night before.  It was an awesome day!
Man, there was so many AWESOME things that happened last week and so many things that I learned.  The biggest thing that I learned that stuck out to me was this, GOD CHASTENS THE RIGHTEOUS!  I was thinking to myself last week, "Why do I gotta leave?  Why can't I just serve my entire mission in North Newark?"  Obviously, I accepted God's will.  It wasn't until today that I read something that made it all click.  In Mosiah 23, there is a verse that says the Lord chastens his people to try their faith and strengthen them.  Then I remembered the "God's Will" video.  "I am the gardener here.  I know what I want you to be."  I realized that and was like, "That's it, I am done.  No more will I question ANYTHING.  I will go where you want me to go."  I know that things don't really work out the way we want them to all of the time, but it is for our own good.
Back in Newark, there was an awesome experience that helped out a dear friend of mine.  This person lost their phone and really could not find it ANYWHERE!  I looked at them and asked, "Have you prayed yet?" When they answered no, I told them to go pray.  They then dropped to their knees, in the middle of the hall and prayed.  The phone was found within 5 minutes.  I know that as we show faith and love for God, miracles happen!

Be safe guys!
Love you!
Elder Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment