Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Good morning people of the West!

It has been a glorious week out here in the NEW-ARK!  We had transfers last week and guess what????  Elder Thatcher and I are going three rounds!  Woooo Wooooo!  On top of that President Jeppson asked me to train a new missionary so Elder McEwan stepped up and is THE Italian Stallion!  The three us of have been pounding pavement, working hard and we were fortunate to see Brother Echevarria get baptized yesterday.  We have been working super hard and it has been amazing.  It was hilarious because Brother Echevarria chose Israel Israel God is Calling, as the opening hymn because it was on the movie Blazing Saddles!  When I heard that I about died cause I was laughing so hard.  Man, Elder Thatcher and I have had some amazing times.  We didn't get off on the right foot, but we have become really good friends and we are super stoked to welcome Elder McEwan into the dream team.  He is a Visa waiter going to Brazil, but we don't hold that against him. ;)  J/K  He speaks Portuguese very well.
I have been struggling a little bit the past couple of weeks.  My body just felt trashed and I felt like I was losing a battle with Satan.  I felt like I had been fighting his spirit destroying arrows for so long that my defenses were starting to weaken.  I had no idea what to do.  I would get down to say my prayers and just have no idea what to say or what to ask.  I would just get there and......nothing.  Last week we had Zone Meeting and the answer to my prayers came.  I realized that my prayers had been trash for the last couple of weeks.  I realized that because of all the people I wanted to pray for and to help, that I wasn't able to really give my heart and soul to God anymore, and I missed that relationship that I had with my Heavenly Father.  During that Zone Meeting, we were given the opportunity to go and offer up a heart felt prayer to Him.  When I finished, I felt so bad that I had lost something so precious to me.  It was then that I vowed to Heavenly Father to never lose it again!  This is what I wanted to share with all of you.  It is only through prayer that we gain a relationship with our Heavenly Father and nothing should ever come in between that precious and sacred time to converse with Him. When I say converse, I mean it!  If we give up our everything in a prayer, and just say everything, it is then that we are able to hear and feel this Godly messenger who brings us answers to all of our prayers.

I love you guys!  Take it easy!
Elder Rodeback
                                                              Elder Thatcher, Elder Rodeback, Daniela Sartore, Elder McEwan
                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment