Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

What's happening guys?  Another jammin, heart felt letter from Elder Rodeback. :)

It's been one of the best weeks of my life period!  Even though it was a huge trial of faith, it really ended in two of the best ways possible.  I will start with HUGE miracles from God.  QUILVANIA IS BAPTIZED!!!!  (side note, when ever I get super stoked, there is one song that always pushes it's way in.  BANGARANG by Skrillex)  I have just been at a loss for words for the past two days.  Quilvania has struggled and gone through so much and to see her now, just being a BOSS!  She went home yesterday and started preparing for a talk she has to give next Sunday.  I am just blown away by the amount of faith this young woman has.
                                                                             Elder Thatcher, Quilvania & Elder Rodeback

We also had a less active family we have working with, come to church, which was BOMB!
Now, for the coolest part of my week, and a moment that I will never EVER forget.  Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, came and spoke to our mission.  Even cooler than that, he shook every single missionary's hand.  The whole rest of the day, I was just blown away.  Realizing that I had just shaken hands with a man who has actually seen Jesus Christ, brought me to tears.  I learned so much from him.  Probably the biggest lessons I learned was that we should truly be seeking not only the approval, but the acceptance of God, and NO ONE ELSE.  For a long time I sought the approval of others.  Then Elder Christofferson started talking about how the Twelve Apostles were so confident in the fact that God accepted them, that their humility was just amazing.  It was then that I realized, if we truly want to be humble people, we need to only seek acceptance of God.  It is the root of everything.  Confidence in ourselves and a humble countenance both come from knowing that God loves us for who we are, not where we came from or where we are going.  Hearing this Apostle's testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ, in person was one of the coolest things EVER!

Well my peeps, yalls are bomb!  Keep up the Rockin' Lives!
Elder Rodeback
p.s.  Suggested reading for this week..............D&C 121  IT IS AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment