Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19, 2013

"though the legacy has ended
and all the children are gone
something goooood inside me
helps me to carry on
I ate some bugs
I ate some grass
I used my hand
to wipe my tears
To kiss your lips
I'd break my vows
no no no no no way Josie
...unless you want to
then we will break our vows together"
INCARNACIOOOOON!"

A little Nacho Libre exerpt for ya!

Hello my dear friends!  How are all yall's doing?  It's been another glorious week out here in the dirty Jerz and needless to say......I AM FREEZING!

Last week was one of the most hectic weeks of my life.  Elder Stimpson was transferred and I got a new companion named Elder Thatcher.  To my surprise, we also got put into a trio with Elder Hernandez because he was suppose to train a new missionary but, he fell while in the MTC and hit his head.  He had to stay an extra week.  Then, another Elder got an early transfer because his companion punched him in the face!  It was just crazy!  Elder Thatcher is pretty cool.  He is a ginger, so I am pondering on the welfare of his soul.....hahahah just kidding!

                                                      Elder Rodeback & Elder Hernandez

The thing I have been thinking about alot is one statement.  Magnify your calling.  Throughout the past week I have been pondering and thinking about this.  After some discussion with Elder Hernandez, I realized that this one simple concept is an essential concept of the Gospel.  President Monson is a wonderful man and even better, he is constantly on the Lord's errand.  Even before he was an apostle and even before he was in the Stake Presidency he was on the Lord's errand.  He was always striving to do what the Lord expected him to do and did it to the best of his ability.  How often do we do that?  I hope everyone is able to look at themselves and ask, "How much do I love God?"  We say that we love God, and yet how often are we called to do something for the Lord and don't take it seriously?  If we took our callings in the church as seriously as they are, and really looked at them as, "God asked me to do this" and then did that calling to the best of our ability, we could stand blameless before Him.  I have a lot of things that I need to improve on regarding that.  By no means am I talkin' myself up.  Merely trying to share what the Lord has been causing me to think about.

I love y'alls so much!
Peace,
Elder Patrick Rodeback
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment