Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013 - Transfers!

"West side if yah deep, let me see yah put em up.
South side if yah deep, let me see yah put em up.
East side if yah deep, let me see yah put em up.
MY HOOD…..WE DEEP!"  lyrics from an Alkapone song

What's going on guys???  Another freezing week out here in brick city.  The big EEZY been gettin' freezing but the work goes on.  The missionaries are tested, the weak stay in and the strong go find!

Sadly, transfers are here and Elder Stimpson is being transferred tomorrow.  He and I had a good run for the 4 weeks we were together and I am really sad to see him go.  We had a good week last week and Quilvania is really coming along.  We are really striving to help her to have an experience with the atonement, to help her gain a testimony of Jesus Christ.  We had one of the funniest things happen this week.  We were at home the other day and Elder Stimpson was chillin' on his top bunk (side note, we have two twin sized bunk beds pushed together to make a queen bunk bed) so he was chill up there on one of the mattresses and I thought it would be funny to kinda scare him a little bit.  So, I pushed up on one of the mattresses he was laying on.  To my surprise, the mattress was not as secure as I had hoped and it came off the bed to the ground with him on it!  In the midst of his six foot drop, Elder Stimpson managed to blurt out "BOB SAGET!"  just before he hit the ground.  He fell like sideways and landed on his side but the mattress kinda landed on top of him and mashed him.  I felt so bad but amidst the crash, the only thing that came from my mouth was, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"  I literally laughed for fifteen minutes.  I swear I didn't do it on purpose and he wasn't mad because he knew I didn't.  The image of my 260lb companion falling from the six foot bunk bed will never leave my mind!

Well I did want to spout out about what I learned this week.  My humility study is coming to an end and yet I still learn and learn and learn.  I learned this week how important it is to be humble DURING our prayers.  That's right, DURING prayer.  I learned why the Spirit needs to guide every single prayer that we utter.  When we pray we are literally coming before the throne of God and bearing our souls to him.  If we plan to do anything less, then why are we praying?  Seriously, what is the point in praying if we will not give everything we have to the Lord?  In Enos, it talks about having mighty prayers, and as I studied that, I saw that it said, "When I was done, I had nothing left."  God gave/gives us everything!  We should do the exact same thing for him every day of our lives.  It all comes down to what we are willing to do to be direct followers of our Heavenly Father.  Now, if you go to 3Nephi, it talks about how the people received the words of their prayers by the Spirit.  I realized why this is so important.  Heavenly Father has blessings in store for us but he will not force anything on us, He loves us too much to do that.  BUT, he has given us the Holy Spirit so that we can know his will.  If we pray according to the Spirit's promptings, Heavenly Father will unlock blessings that we never could have imagined.  I know that the Lord has blessings prepared for us and I know that the second we ask, they will come.  I know that by following the Spirit and allowing him to guide our thoughts when we pray, we will receive blessings. 
Well, that's my spout!  I love you guys!  Be strong and I will see you in a few years! J

Elder Patrick Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment