Elder Rodeback

Elder Rodeback

Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012

Holla!  From the East Side!  HaHa!  What's up people of the West Coast??  So, today instead of doing the typical update, I wanna bear my testimony to the people reading this.
Not a whole lot happened last week because we had district meeting.  I had to go to leadership training which is in East Brunswick.  That is an hour south.  It started at 8am and ended at 4pm and to top it off I had to pick up Elder Estipona who is in Newark.  So, we woke up at 4am on Wednesday and Thursday and didn't get home until 7pm both nights.  It kinda stunk.  We also did a deep clean of our apartment on Saturday which took all day.  Even though we didn't teach as much as I would have liked to, I know that because I attended those meetings and did the things that were asked of me, Heavenly Father will bless me.  Wanna know how I know that?  Well, Friday we got a media referral and on Sunday (last night) we contacted him.  He is now getting baptized on October 21st!  He accepted everything we taught him.  We taught him about how the authority to baptize was taken from the earth and that we had received it once again through John the Baptist.  He said to us, "So, it's really like I was never baptized at all!"  We even talked to him about the Book of Mormon and the Bible, about how they teach the exact same thing.  Then he said, "If you believe the Bible, you would be dumb not to read and believe the Book of Mormon, they say the same thing."  I know that because of the faith and work that Elder Heward and I have been doing, the Lord blessed and blessed us with the opportunity to teach one of the sacred, elect people who have been truly prepared to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know God loves and listens to every single one of our prayers.  He is the light and the life of the world and in Him and in our Savior, we are strong.  We can do anything.  I know the love of Christ is all encompassing.  I know that when we cry, the Lord is there holding us and crying with us.  I know that my Savior, my hero, my brother lives and guides every one of us.  I know without a doubt in my mind that the reason we are here is because Heavenly Father loves us so much.  So much, that he is willing to let us come here and grow so that we can be just like him some day.

I love you all and while I miss all of yo' ugly faces, it's nowhere near enough to bring me home.  Please be safe and do everything you can to always remember our Brother and our Father.
Keep the thug passion alive!  West side all day!
With much love,
Elder Patrick Garret Rodeback

No comments:

Post a Comment